I went to Target yesterday and bought a yoga mat and a foam roller. I haven’t foam rolled my legs in a while, and oh boy were they tight today!
Today, I am back on the saddle for Week 5. I’m a little nervous because I skipped the Week 4 long run. I hope that doesn’t bite me in the butt later.
One of my goals for this week is to continue doing the strength work I did during Knee Recovery Week. Today’s Stretch & Strengthen session consisted of the following:
- 20 minute warm up on stationary bike; light to moderate intensity
- Myrtle routine
- 3 x 20 lunges (each leg)
- 3 x 20 step ups (each leg)
- 3 x 10 partial pistol squat
- 3 x 10 push ups
- 3 x 30 seconds plank hold
- 3 x 10 chair assisted pull ups.
The lunges and pistol squats were tough.